These release notes include important information about D-Link switch firmware revisions. Please
verify that these release notes are correct for your switch:
If you are installing a new switch, please check the hardware version on the device label;
make sure that your switch meets the system requirement of this firmware version. Please
refer to Revision History and System Requirement for detailed firmware and hardware
If the switch is powered on, you can check the hardware version by typing âshow switchâ
command or by checking the device information page on the web graphic user interface.
If you plan to upgrade to the new firmware release, please refer to the Upgrade Instructions
for the correct firmware upgrade procedure.
For more detailed information regarding our switch products, please refer to Related Switch Documentation.
You can also download the switch firmware, D-View modules and technical documentation from http://tsd.dlink.com.tw.
D-Link switches support firmware upgrade via TFTP server. You can download the firmware from
D-Link web site http://tsd.dlink.com.tw, and copy the downloaded firmware to the TFTP server
folder. Please make sure that the TFTP server is accessible from the switch via networks.
Upgrade using CLI (serial port)
Connect a workstation to the switch console port and run any terminal program that can emulate
a VT-100 terminal. The switch serial port default settings are as follows:
Baud rate: 115200
Data bits: 8
Stop bits: 1
The switch will prompt the user to enter his/her username and password. It should be noted that
upon the initial connection, there is no username and password by default.
To upgrade the switch firmware, execute the following commands:
download firmware_fromTFTP <ipaddr>
Download firmware file from the TFTP
<path_filename 64> <drive_id> <pathname 64> server to the switch. 2 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
config firmware <drive_id> <pathname 64>
Change the boot up image file.
Display the information of current boot
image and configuration.
Reboot the switch. Example:
The switch:5# show boot_file Command: show boot_file ----------------------------------------------------- Unit ID : 1 Boot up firmware image : C:\R250B51.HAD Boot up configuration file: C:\STARTUP.CFG -----------------------------------------------------
The switch:5# reboot Command: reboot Are you sure you want to proceed with the system reboot? (y|n) y Please wait, the switch is rebooting...
Upgrading by using Web-UI
1. Connect a workstation installed with java SE runtime environment to any switch port of the
2. Open the web browser from the workstation and enter the IP address of the switch. The
switchâs default IP address is 10.90.90.90.
3. Enter administratorâs username and password when prompted. It should be noted that the
username and password are blank by default.
To update the switch's firmware or configuration file, click Administration > TFTP Services
in function tree.
DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
4. Select Download Firmware in Operation. 5. Select the type (IPv4 or v6) of IP address of the TFTP server and enter the IP address. 6. Fill in Local File Name with the name of the firmware file located on the TFTP server. 7. If the switch is under stacking mode, select the unit ID that you would like to upgrade the
8. Enter the path you would like to store the firmware file in Image File In Flash. For example
9. Enter âStartâ button.
10. Wait until the File Transfer status reaches 100% and the Program Firmware status
11. To select the boot up image used for next reboot, click Administration > File System Services > System Boot Information in the function tree
12. Enter the complete path/file name and click Apply. For example C:\firm1\R250B51.had.
13. To reboot the switch, select Reboot System in the function tree.
14. Select âYesâ and click âRestartâ button to reboot the switch. 4 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
New Features: Firmware New Features Version
1. Port Security: maximum_learning_addr changes from 16 to 64.
2. IGMP source check : check the subscriber source IP when an IGMP report or
leave message is received
3. Link aggregation ports can be set as a RSPAN target port in CLI
4. Plug/unplug the link aggregation member port, SNMP host can not receive SNMP
1. Multicast static route
2. MAC-based access control
3. MAC-based VLAN
4. Loopback Detection (LBD) 4.0
5. Telnet client support
6. DHCP server screening
7. Proxy ARP
8. Support MTU configuration on IP interface
10. Per port configurable MDI/MDIX auto negotiation
11. L2 Protocol Tunneling (L2PT)
12. Selective QinQ
13. Serial number display support (Applicable from shipment loaded with this
14. Change floating static route behavior so that the primary route always has higher
15. OSPF ECMP route flag (Enable/Disable capability)
16. Add replace DSCP tag option on Ethernet type of ACL function
17. Change STP port forward BPDU default state to disabled
18. NAP-DHCP environment support
19. Show Fan status (Fan Status log and trap) 1. Port link up/down trap
2. Null interface for CLI
4. Gratuitous ARP trap/log
5. Three-Level User Account
6. Allow the option to enter not only VLAN name but also VID in "show fdb VLAN"
command 5 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
7. Error message to describe the naming rule of flash file system if user input the
illegal file name
8. VLAN PVID auto assignment (to solve this issue that the PVID will not change
with the 802.1Q untagged port setting raised in R2.2)
9. Show VLAN by VID
10. Add PIM Sparse-Dense Mode for CLI
11. SNMP state can be enable and disable
12. Support new model DGS-3612 1. Physical Stacking
2. Trunking/Mirroring across stack
3. Mirroring ACL mode
4. 802.1v protocol VLAN enhancement
5. ISM VLAN (Only for standalone mode)
6. Double VLAN
7. IPv6 Floating Static Route
8. Secondary default route
9. OSPF Equal Cost Route
10. Multi Path Routing
11. Enlarge IP interface to 256 (per device/per VLAN)
12. IPv6 Ready Logo Phase 1
13. PIM SM
14. ACL Based on User Defined Packet Content
15. Web-based Access Control (WAC)
17. DHCP Server
18. ACL Statistics
First release, please refer to datasheet and manual for detail function supported
Changes of MIB & D-View Module:
The new features of MIB file are also included in the corresponding D-View module. Please
download the D-View module on http://tsd.dlink.com.tw. For detailed changes of MIB content,
please refer to the modification history in each MIB file. Firmware MIB File New Features Version
1. Add object agentFDBClearAllState for âclear
FDB tableâ function
2. Add object agentARPClearAllState for âclear
ARP tableâ function
1. Add object swMldSnpForwardingTable for
âshow MLD snooping' FDB function
1. Add value âdynamicâ at object
swPimRPSetType to display dynamic rpset.
1. Add RFC2737 Entity MIB
Show memory utilization in
1. Add RFC2863 IF MIB
First release, please refer to datasheet for detail MIB supported
6 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
Changes of Command Line Interface:
The section below only shows command line changes that may bring backward compatibility
issues with configuration settings for previous version of firmware.
Any new feature commands that do not have backward compatibility issues are not included in
the below section. Fireware Changes Version
Problem Fixed: Fixed Troubled Problems Revision Version
1. The switch can not be upgraded with a firmware file larger than 4MB.
2. It takes a long time to logout IX2000(router) when telneting
IX2000 from DGS-3650. (DI20091013000002)
3. When using RIP to learn dynamic routing entries, the subnet mask
becomes 32. The correct one should be 24. (DI20090910000012)
4. The user can not configure the VLAN forbidden ports in the ports
which is configured as untagged member ports via
5. When the master unit's power is cut off, the stacking member
switches do not respond to SNMP Get Request correctly. For
example, if the Unit1's power is cut off and Unit2 becomes the
master unit, the Unit1's port information still can be seen.
6. The DHCP clients sometimes fail to get the IP address from DHCP
server when using DHCP Relay function.(DI20090519000007)
1. Sometimes when STP topology changes, the ipfdb table is not
correctly updated and reflected.
2. Sometimes in Firefox v3.0.1 for SIM management, the position of
the UI is not aligned properly.
3. When accessing switch Web UI via Firefox 3.0.1, the browser can
not refresh by pressing F5.
4. Firefox 3 can not access switch Web UI correctly via SSL.
5. Openssh 5.1 software will sometimes cause the switch to go into
v2.40.B19 6. Sometimes when IMPB DHCP snooping is enabled and connected
to NetScreen 204 DHCP server, the switch fails to create DHCP
snooping binding entry and block the clientâs MAC address.
7. Sometimes DES-3500 series can not function properly with
DGS-3600 series under SIM management.
8. Sometimes when MSTP is enabled and MSTP instances are
configured, the computer will lose visibility to the switch.
9. Sometimes stacking member ports are not able to issue âclear
counter portsâ command.
10. After setting the bandwidth control on ports, the first 1 second still
has burst traffic. 7 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
11. Ipfdb will not update when running VRRP + STP and also the STP
topology has been changed at the same time
12. New members can not join the stack after backup master takes
over the job of stacking master
13. OSPF neighbor is unstable when enabling LACP in stacking mode
14. In some special environment, running OSPF causes high CPU
15. In some special network topology, OSPF will reboot every 10
16. F/W upgrade will fail if the file name contains more than one "dot",
for example "2.40B30.had"
17. PIM does not work when System ipif is disabled
18. DGS-3627G can not be added into group even if it shows up on SIM
19. When MSTP is enabled, switch does not reply ping request.
20. Web display error under Linux OS with Firefox v126.96.36.199.
21. RIPv2 does not work properly with double VLAN function.
22. The switch can not actually learn 1K multicast group when running
L3 PIM or IGMP application.
23. When stacking master or one of the member failed in LACP
environment, the clients on other devices can not access network.
24. Power_ notification_trap does not respond correctly
25. When using SNMPwalk to get the FDB information from the switch,
DGS-3600 can not respond correct information if there are over 1K
MAC under this interface.
1. All traffic will be mirrored when using ACL mirror function to mirror
a specific IP at port 1.
2. When executing âresetâ command on master switch under stacking
topology, the slave switch will get into exception mode
3. DGS-3600 does not check the subnet mask (only check network
address) when creating static routing table.
4. Even the TFTP Server IP Address does not set successfully via
SNMP, the switch will still response fine to SNMP agent.
5. The telnet session will be terminated when creating and session
coming from trusted hosts.
6. When both DGS-3600 and DSA-3100 are connected to each other
and DGS-3600 will enter âburn-in modeâ when both devices are
restarted at the same time.
v2.20.B38 7. DGS-3600 does not respond to trace route processes.
8. Under PIM-SM technology; for example, 3 switches are
inter-connected, when switch 1 is suddenly rebooted, it will cause
CPU high utilization on one of the switches.
9. OSPF AS external link does not correctly registered in the OSPF
LSDB table when using OSPF ECMP.
10. User level privilege right is able to issue the administrator
11. Re-instate the missing web page for IP address settings in
12. After the switch configuration was saved and rebooted, the ipif will
become disable state.
13. The routing table in Web UI can only show the 1st page.If the size
of the config file is more than 2M, the device will lose some config.
1. When login DGS-3612G via SSH, the cursor will move very slowly
if using the left/right arrow key.
2. System will show fail message when typing âshow config ?â
command. 8 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
3. DGS-3600 doesnât correctly sent the trap âwarmstartâ when
reboot and âcoldstartâ when power cycle.
4. Missing MIB file for compiling IGMP snooping âquery info tableâ
and âmulticast VLAN tableâ
5. Wrong ACL profile ID priority, the ID with smaller ID should be
6. DGS-3600 Web UI can not classified the IP address correctly when
the address including the number â255â, for example,
7. DGS-3600 can not redistribute local address via OSPF correctly
when the local network status changes.
8. When OSPF state is disabled, the âOSPF Router IDâ in âshow ospfâ
command incorrectly displayed as 0.0.0.0.
9. When monitoring MAC address via Web UI, user can not enter the
VLAN name more than 10 characters though we allow 32
characters when creating the VLANs.
10. DGS-3600 series will by-pass the trace route command when itâs
one of the hops in the path. It will makes the wrong result of trace
11. DGS-3600 doesnât send ARP request when it become the VRRP
12. The EIGRP packets can not pass through DGS-3600.
13. DGS-3600 can only check the first 128 static route entries
correctly, though the total static route entries is 256.
14. When creating a new ipif on DGS-3600, the OSPF will stop
15. DGS-3600 will forward the multicast traffic to ports incorrectly
which do not have multicast client joined.
16. DGS-3600 will hang-up after a random period when running in a
17. DGS-3600 doesnât correctly forward the OSPF packet if that
interface of OSPF is disabled.
18. CPU of DGS-3600 handles the ICMP packets incorrectly which
makes its utilization very high.
19. The default route of DGS-3600 will be lost after running a random
period of time.
* D-Link tracking number is enclosed in ()
Known Issues: Firmware Issues Workaround Version
1. MTU setup does not support multicast.
2. In stacking mode with PIM-SM and IGMP enabled,
CPU utilization may be up to 100% when more than
512 groups are being forwarded.
3. If RSPAN mode is TX, the monitored packets will
take double tags with RSPAN source vlan when the
packets egress form tagged destination port.
4. Some protocol packets such as OSPF hello packets
can still be mirrored to the destination port when
there is no redirected port in the destination switch.
1. ISM VLAN can not recognize IGMPv3 join packets
None 9 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
2. The switch can not record blocking entry in
IP-MAC-Port binding ACL mode
3. LLDP packets length can not be more than 1500
4. The switch can not learn LLDP message from STP
5. LLDP can not send out some triggered messages
such as:Management Address,dot3_TLV,dot1_TLV
1. If the size of the config file is more than 2M, the
1. Upgrade to
device will lose some config.
2. Chip Limitations:
ďŹ Flow control can support â5 ports to 1 portâ at best. 2. None ďŹ For egress mirroring, the target port will always
receive "tagged" packets.
ďŹ âCPU interface filteringâ can not filter source MAC
DGS-3600 Series User Manual v2.50
DGS-3600 Series CLI Manual v2.50 10