These release notes include important information about D-Link switch firmware revisions. Please
verify that these release notes are correct for your switch:
If you are installing a new switch, please check the hardware version on the device label;
make sure that your switch meets the system requirement of this firmware version. Please
refer to Revision History and System Requirement for detailed firmware and hardware
If the switch is powered on, you can check the hardware version by typing âshow switchâ
command or by checking the device information page on the web graphic user interface.
If you plan to upgrade to the new firmware release, please refer to the Upgrade Instructions
for the correct firmware upgrade procedure.
For more detailed information regarding our switch products, please refer to Related Switch Documentation.
You can also download the switch firmware, D-View modules and technical documentation from http://tsd.dlink.com.tw.
Upgrade Instructions: Caution: This version only supports direct firmware upgrade from V2.50B51 to v2.80. It will fail when upgrading firmware from V2.50B25 or previously older version to V2.80 directly. If you use V2.50B25 or previously older version, please upgrade to V2.50B51 first and then upgrade to v2.80.
D-Link switches support firmware upgrade via TFTP server. You can download the firmware from
D-Link web site http://tsd.dlink.com.tw, and copy the downloaded firmware to the TFTP server
folder. Please make sure that the TFTP server is accessible from the switch via networks.
Upgrade using CLI (serial port)
Connect a workstation to the switch console port and run any terminal program that can emulate
a VT-100 terminal. The switch serial port default settings are as follows:
Baud rate: 115200
Data bits: 8 2 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
Stop bits: 1
The switch will prompt the user to enter his/her username and password. It should be noted that
upon the initial connection, there is no username and password by default.
To upgrade the switch firmware, execute the following commands:
download firmware_fromTFTP <ipaddr>
Download firmware file from the TFTP
<path_filename 64> <drive_id> <pathname 64> server to the switch.
config firmware <drive_id> <pathname 64>
Change the boot up image file.
Display the information of current boot
image and configuration.
Reboot the switch. Example:
The switch:5# show boot_file Command: show boot_file ----------------------------------------------------- Unit ID : 1 Boot up firmware image : C:\R280B31.HAD Boot up configuration file: C:\STARTUP.CFG -----------------------------------------------------
The switch:5# reboot Command: reboot Are you sure you want to proceed with the system reboot? (y|n) y Please wait, the switch is rebooting...
Upgrading by using Web-UI
1. Connect a workstation installed with java SE runtime environment to any switch port of the
2. Open the web browser from the workstation and enter the IP address of the switch. The
switchâs default IP address is 10.90.90.90.
3. Enter administratorâs username and password when prompted. It should be noted that the
username and password are blank by default.
To update the switch's firmware or configuration file, click Administration > TFTP Services
in function tree. 3
DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
4. Select Download Firmware in Operation. 5. Select the type (IPv4 or v6) of IP address of the TFTP server and enter the IP address. 6. Fill in Local File Name with the name of the firmware file located on the TFTP server. 7. If the switch is under stacking mode, select the unit ID that you would like to upgrade the
8. Enter the path you would like to store the firmware file in Image File In Flash. For example
9. Enter âStartâ button.
10. Wait until the File Transfer status reaches 100% and the Program Firmware status
11. To select the boot up image used for next reboot, click Administration > File System Services > System Boot Information in the function tree
12. Enter the complete path/file name and click Apply. For example C:\firm1\R280B31.had.
13. To reboot the switch, select Reboot System in the function tree.
14. Select âYesâ and click âRestartâ button to reboot the switch. 4 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
New Features: Firmware New Features Version
1. Configuration enhancement:
ï¬ Support the filtering keywords: include/exclude/begin when using âshow
configâ and âupload_configâ
ï¬ Support âincrementâ option when downloading cfg_fromTFTP
If âincrementâ is specified, then the existing configuration will not be cleared.
The new configuration will cover the existing configuration.
ï¬ Allow to specify âsrc_fileâ/âdst_fileâ/ âdomain_nameâ in download/upload
2. Show memory/flash utilization
3. Show technical_support
This command is especially used by the technical support personnel to dump the
device overall operation information. The information includes the following
Basic System information
Layer 1 information
Layer 2 information
Layer 3 information
4. Stacking enhancement:
ï¬ "Change Stacking priority" can work without reboot ï¬ Stacking force master role feature
This command âconfig stacking force_master_role state enableâ is used to
ensure the master role is unchanged
ï¬ Hot insert/Hot Remove trap/log messages include MAC information ï¬ Add new log/trap about topology change and role change ï¬ Show stack information and show log include information about stacking
5. Send a trap while firmware upgrade via SNMP is finished. 5 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
6. Display user-understandable account level in CLI prompt
DES-XXXX:3# -> DES-xxxx:user#
DES-XXXX:4# -> DES-xxxx:oper#
DES-XXXX:5# -> DES-xxxx:admin#.
7. CLI Command logging
8. Password recovery: allows to recover the password if the password is forgotten
9. Password encryption: allows to encrypt the password in configuration file
9. 8-level system log
10. Enlarge the number of trusted hosts to 30
11. SNMP-server & syslog source-interface appointment : allows to select an IP
interface as the source interface to send syslog or trap message.
12. MEF certification
13. STP enhancement:
ï¬ 802.1D 2004 RSTP ï¬ 802.1Q 2005 MSTP ï¬ STP Root Restriction ï¬ Source MAC of BPDUs uses port MAC instead of system MAC ï¬ Support edge port ï¬ Support BPDU address setting on NNI port when QinQ is enbled ï¬ Logging enhancement: The logs for stp topology changes include port and
ï¬ Log / show / debug Enhancement
14. D-LINK Unidirectional Link Detection (DULD)
15. Source MAC of L2 protocols (ERPS/LACP/STP/LBD) uses port MAC instead of
16. LACP support load-balancing with multicast traffic
17. Cable Diagnostics
18. Support âdetailsâ and âmedia_typeâ parameters in âshow portsâ command
19. Storm control enhancement:
ï¬ Change "countdown" to "3-30" ï¬ Change "time_interval" to "5 - 600" ï¬ Auto recovery for the shutted-down port
20. Add 4 counters to gather statistics of various frame sizes, such as 1519-1522,
1519-2047, 2048-4095, 4096-9216
21. Mirror enhancement:
ï¬ Multiple sessions of mirroring ï¬ Link aggregation ports can be set as a target port
22. sFlow enhancement:
ï¬ Allow to specify ipv6 server ï¬ Support TX flow sampling
23. Microsoft NLB support.
24. IGMP/MLD snooping enhancement:
ï¬ Support IGMP snooping Report suppression ï¬ Support static IGMP snooping group ï¬ Support MLD Snooping Host-based Fast Done ï¬ Support IGMP Snooping Host-based Fast Leave
25. ISM-VALN enhancement:
ï¬ Support Tagged / Untagged member ports ï¬ Support Tagged / Untagged source ports 6 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
ï¬ Configurable Multicast VLAN priority ï¬ Do not limit the number of total multicast addresses per ISM-VLAN entry when
using âconfig igmp_snooping multicast_VLAN_groupâ
26. Forward protocol packets even the switch is under âfilter_unregister_group
modeâ (Protocol packet: the packets with destination IP address in the range
of reserved multicast addresses: 224.0.0.x, such as OSPF hello, PIM hello, and
DVMRP probe etc.)
27. Support new OID to clear dynamic FDB by port/by VLAN
28. VLAN Trunking
29. Subnet-based VLAN
30. BPDU Attack Protection
31. ERPS (ITU-T G.8032 Ethernet Ring Protection Switching): support 2 rings
32. Super VLAN
33. ACL supports "IPv6 IP + UDP/TCP port" together.
34. Per queue egress bandwidth control.
35. WAC enhancement:
ï¬ Identity driven policy assignment: Can assign ingress/egress bandwidth
control, ACL and 802.1p default priority to the port according to the attributes
dispatched from RADIUS server
ï¬ Add log
1) To record system stop learning and recovery from stop learning status when
reaching the maximum entries 2) To record authentication failure state for IPv4/IPv6
ï¬ Support host-based authentication mode : assign ingress/egress bandwidth
control for all hosts to the port; assign VLAN or 802.1p default priority to the
host after successful authentication in host-based mode(R2.50 only supports
assign VLAN in port-based)
ï¬ Support IPv6 ï¬ Support Per VLAN authentication ï¬ Support virtual IP: used to accept authentication requests from
unauthenticated hosts. Only the requests sent to this IP will get response
ï¬ Support time control for authenticated client (e.g. aging time/idle time/block
ï¬ Support Authentication Database failover: Allows to configure the switch to
check local database or bypass authentication when configured RADIUS server
ï¬ Obsolete authentiation VLAN ï¬ Support compound authentication
36. Japanese Web-based Access Control (JWAC)
37. Compound authentication
38. ARP Spoofing Prevention
39. RADIUS accounting
40. RADIUS server setting supports ipv6
41. IP-MAC-Port Binding (IMPB) DHCPv6 Snooping
42. IP-MAC-Port Binding (IMPB) IPv6 ND Snooping
43. IP-MAC-Port Binding (IMPB) 3.8 which can prevent the netcut attack
44. MAC-based Access Control (MAC) enhancement
ï¬ Enlarger the number of local database from 128 to 1024 ï¬ Support Authentication Database failover: Allows to configure the switch to
check local database or bypass authentication when configured RADIUS server 7 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
ï¬ Support compound authentication ï¬ Support configurable per port/system maximum users ï¬ Delete the log when passing authentication. ï¬ Add four logs to record whether the port/system reaches to the maximum or
recovers port learing. - MBAC enters stop learning state. - MBAC recovers from stop learning state. - Port < [unitID:]portNum> enters MBAC stop learning state. - Port < [unitID:]portNum> recovers from MBAC stop learning state.
45. IP Directed Broadcast
46. ARP enhancement:
ï¬ Show arpentry by mac address ï¬ Add OIDs to clear ARP
47. Loopback interface
51. OSPFv2 enhancement:
ï¬ Enlarge OSPF neighbor to 64 ï¬ OSPF areas are increased from 4 to 16 ï¬ OSPF announces via loopback interface ï¬ OSPF enhancement (log/show/debug)
54. VRRP enhancement (log/show/debug)
55. Route enhancement:
ï¬ Allow to configure route preference ï¬ Show ip route âhardwareâ option: display only the routes written into the chip.
56. Traceroute support ipv6
57. IPv6 Tunnel enhancement:
ï¬ Support RA for ISATAP Tunnel ï¬ 6to4 Tunnel ï¬ Manual Tunnel ï¬ SATAP Tunnel
58. Display box and port information in âshow ipv6 neighbor_cacheâ
61. DHCPv6 Server
62. DHCPv6 Relay
63. DHCPv6 Client
64. Ping enhancement:
ï¬ Specify source IP address for ping request packet ï¬ Enalbe / disable broadcast ping reply
65. DNS Client
66. FQDN support - ping/tracert /tftp/telnet applications support fully qualify
67. Remote Copy Protocol (RCP) : allow users to copy firmware images
configurations and log files between the Switch and RCP Server
68. SSH provides flexibility to change the default port number (22)
69. DHCP server: enlarge the DHCP pool entries to 1024 along with 8 pools
70. BOOTP/DHCP Relay:
ï¬ Support DHCP local relay function that can insert option 82 information into 8 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
DHCP broadcast packets from clients
ï¬ Block recievied broadcast DHCP discover packets from flooding in local VLAN ï¬ DHCP Relay option 60 & 61
71. Traffic control auto recovery
72. Add traffic control âcountdownâ parameter: Timer for shutdown mode (only
supported in CLI)
73. Change sFlow version from V1 to V5
74. Enable/disable cpu_rx_rate_control (only supported in CLI/MIB)
75. Add digital signature in D-view module
76. Remove "Translate" option from OSPFv3 Area Settings 1. Port Security: maximum_learning_addr changes from 16 to 64.
2. IGMP source check : check the subscriber source IP when an IGMP report or
leave message is received
3. Link aggregation ports can be set as a RSPAN target port in CLI
4. Plug/unplug the link aggregation member port, SNMP host can not receive SNMP
1. Multicast static route
2. MAC-based access control
3. MAC-based VLAN
4. Loopback Detection (LBD) 4.0
5. Telnet client support
6. DHCP server screening
7. Proxy ARP
8. Support MTU configuration on IP interface
10. Per port configurable MDI/MDIX auto negotiation
11. L2 Protocol Tunneling (L2PT)
12. Selective QinQ
13. Serial number display support (Applicable from shipment loaded with this
14. Change floating static route behavior so that the primary route always has higher
15. OSPF ECMP route flag (Enable/Disable capability)
16. Add replace DSCP tag option on Ethernet type of ACL function
17. Change STP port forward BPDU default state to disabled
18. NAP-DHCP environment support
19. Show Fan status (Fan Status log and trap) 1. Port link up/down trap
2. Null interface for CLI
4. Gratuitous ARP trap/log
5. Three-Level User Account
6. Allow the option to enter not only VLAN name but also VID in "show fdb VLAN"
7. Error message to describe the naming rule of flash file system if user input the
illegal file name
8. VLAN PVID auto assignment (to solve this issue that the PVID will not change
with the 802.1Q untagged port setting raised in R2.2)
9. Show VLAN by VID
10. Add PIM Sparse-Dense Mode for CLI
11. SNMP state can be enable and disable
12. Support new model DGS-3612
1. Physical Stacking
2. Trunking/Mirroring across stack 9 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
3. Mirroring ACL mode
4. 802.1v protocol VLAN enhancement
5. ISM VLAN (Only for standalone mode)
6. Double VLAN
7. IPv6 Floating Static Route
8. Secondary default route
9. OSPF Equal Cost Route
10. Multi Path Routing
11. Enlarge IP interface to 256 (per device/per VLAN)
12. IPv6 Ready Logo Phase 1
13. PIM SM
14. ACL Based on User Defined Packet Content
15. Web-based Access Control (WAC)
17. DHCP Server
18. ACL Statistics
First release, please refer to datasheet and manual for detail function supported
Changes of MIB & D-View Module:
The new features of MIB file are also included in the corresponding D-View module. Please
download the D-View module on http://tsd.dlink.com.tw. For detailed changes of MIB content,
please refer to the modification history in each MIB file. Firmware MIB File New Features Version
1. Add SSH login and enable method
1. ACL supports "IPv6 IP + UDP/TCP port"
2. Enlarge number of ACL profiles/rules
1. Enlarge the number of trusted hosts to 30
ARPSpoofingPrevention.mib 2. ARP Spoofing Prevention Auth.mib
1. Support Per VLAN authentication 2. Support Authentication Database failover:
Allows to configure the switch to check local
database or bypass authentication when
configured RADIUS server fails
3. Support compound authentication
4. RADIUS server setting supports ipv6
ï¬ Support "force log off (supported only in
ï¬ Support "1X BPDU forwarding"" ï¬ Support configurable maximum users
feature per port/system (128/4000)
1. BPDU Attack Protection
1. Cable Diagnostics
1. DHCP server: enlarge the DHCP pool entries to
1024 along with 8 pools
1. DHCPv6 Relay
1. DHCPv6 Server 10 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
1. DNS Client
1. D-LINK Unidirectional Link Detection (DULD)
1. "Change Stacking priority" can work without
2. Stacking force master role feature
3. Show stack information and show log include
information about stacking topology
1. ERPS: support 2 rings
1. Support âincrementâ when using âdownload
2. Allow to specify âsrc_fileâ/âdst_fileâ/
âdomain_nameâ in download/upload
3. Show memory/flash utilization
4. CLI Command logging
5. Support new OID to clear dynamic FDB by
6. Support new OIDs to clear ARP
7. Enable/disable broadcast ping reply
8. FQDN support - ping/tracert /tftp/telnet
applications support fully qualify domain name.
9. Log/Trap eight level support
10. Support âdetails â and âmedia_typeâ parameter
in âshow portsâ command
1. Support IGMP Subscriber Source Network
1. IP-MAC-Port Binding (IMPB) DHCPv6 Snooping
2. IP-MAC-Port Binding (IMPB) IPv6 ND Snooping
3. IP-MAC-Port Binding (IMPB) 3.8 which can
prevent the netcut attack
1. Allows to create static route for IPv6 tunnel
1. Japanese Web-based Access Control (JWAC)
1. Mirror enhancement:
ï¬ Multiple sessions of mirroring
ï¬ Link aggregation ports can be set as a target
2. Support IGMP snooping report suppression
3. Support static IGMP snooping group
4. Support IGMP Snooping Host Based Fast Leave
5. Support Tagged / Untagged member ports
6. Support Tagged / Untagged source ports
7. Configurable multicast VLAN priority
8. Do not limit the total number of multicast
addresses per ISM-VLAN entry when using âconfig igmp_snooping
9. VLAN trunking
10. Per queue egress bandwidth control.
11. Port Security: changes
maximum_learning_addr from 16 up to 64.
12. Support DHCP local relay function that can
insert option 82 information into DHCP
broadcast packets from clients 11 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
13. Enable/disable cpu_rx_rate_control
(supported only in CLI/MIB)
14. Support âdetailsâ and âmedia_typeâ
parameters in âshow portsâ command
1. IP Directed Broadcast
2. Loopback interface
3. OSPF areas increase from 4 to 16
4. OSPF announces via loopback interface
5. Allow to configure route preference
6. DHCPv6 Client
7. DHCP Relay option 60 & 61
1. MAC-based Access Control:
ï¬ Enlarge the number of local authentication
entries from 128 to 1024
ï¬ Support dynamic 802.1p, rate-limiting,
assignment after successful authentication
(with both Port-based and Host-based);
R2.35 only supports VLAN assignment;
ï¬ Support configurable system/port
maximum user (4000/4000)
ï¬ ï¬ Enlarge MBAC Local DB to 1024
1. Support MLD Snooping Host-based Fast Done
1. Microsoft NLB support
1. Support 802.1D 2004 edition
2. Support STP 1Q 2005 MSTP
3. STP Root Restriction
4. Support the BPDU address setting on NNI port
when QinQ is enabled
1. Storm control enhancement:
ï¬ Change "countdown" to "3-30" ï¬ Change "time_interval" to "5 - 600" ï¬ Auto recovery for shutted-down port
1. QinQ enhancement: be able to map inner
priority to outer priority
1. RADIUS accounting
1. Remote Copy Protocol (RCP) : allow users to
copy firmware images, configurations and log
files between the Switch and RCP Server
1. Show arpentry by MAC address
2. Microsoft NLB support
1. Allow to specify source IP address for ping
2. FQDN support - ping/tracert /tftp/telnet
applications support fully qualify domain name.
3. Specify source IP address for ping request
4. Add IPv6 ping
1. FQDN support - ping/tracert /tftp/telnet
applications support fully qualify domain name.
2. Add IPv6 traceroute
1. IP Tunnel enhancement
1. BGP 12 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
1. Add a MIB to create static FDB
1. sFlow enhancement:
ï¬ Support ipv6 server ï¬ Support TX flow sampling
2. Change sFlow version from V1 to V5
1. SSH provides flexibility to change the default
port number (22)
1. SNMP-server & syslog source-interface
appointment: allows to select an IP interface as
the source interface to send syslog or trap
1. Super VLAN
1. Subnet-based VLAN
1. WAC enhancement:
ï¬ Identity driven policy assignment: Can assign
ingress/egress bandwidth control and 802.1p
default priority to the port according to the
attributes dispatched from RADIUS server.
ï¬ Support host-based authentication mode :
assign ingress/egress bandwidth control for
all hosts to the port; assign VLAN or 802.1p
default priority to the host after successful
authentication in host-based mode(R2.50
only supports assign VLAN in port-based)
ï¬ Support IPv6 ï¬ Support virtual IP: used to accept
authentication requests from
unauthenticated hosts. Only the requests
sent to this IP will get response correctly.
ï¬ Support time control for authenticated client
(e.g. aging time/idle time/block time)
ï¬ Can enable/disable WAC authentication state
1. Add object agentFDBClearAllState for âclear
FDB tableâ function
2. Add object agentARPClearAllState for âclear
ARP tableâ function
1. Add object swMldSnpForwardingTable for
âshow MLD snooping' FDB function
1. Add value âdynamicâ at object
swPimRPSetType to display dynamic rpset.
1. Add RFC2737 Entity MIB
Show memory utilization in
1. Add RFC2863 IF MIB
First release, please refer to datasheet for detail MIB supported
13 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
Changes of Command Line Interface:
The section below only shows command line changes that may bring backward compatibility
issues with configuration settings for previous version of firmware.
Any new feature commands that do not have backward compatibility issues are not included in
the below section. Fireware Changes Version
1. Delete the old WAC command: config wac VLAN If the user have configured WAC VLAN in the old firmware, when upgrading to the new firmware, he does not need to configure it again because WAC Authenticated ports wil be reserved
Note: From v2.8 onward, 2 parameters (src_file, dest_file) are added. This improvement is to avoid potential command parsing problem. If you have upgraded the firmware to V2.80 or onward, and are using script to manipulate firmware or config file, please do not forget to add those 2 parameters to the script.
Problem Fixed: Fixed Troubled Problems Revision Version
1. When telneting to the switch and enter the command âsh
tech_supportâ, the switch may enter EXCEPTION MODE.
2. sFlow may not represent the correct value of
3. After running for 2~3 weeks, the switchâs management interface
can not be accessed. But all VLANs, QinQ and GVRP work well.
4. DGS-3627G can not learn default route via OSPF when
disconnecting 10G cable from another OSPF Router.
5. In a stable STP topology, if the Root Bridge's priority is changed to
lower one, the STP Topology is unstable for a while and a loop
condition appears. (DI20090908000007)
6. System IPIF does not respond to packets from PC connected on
Stacking Member after âreset configâ
7. The bandwidth control does not work correctly with the
values100M bit/s, 150M bit/s, 200M bit/s.
8. When there are mixed IGMPv2 and IGMPv3 reports, the device will
not send query packet when an IGMPv3 client sends leave packet. 14 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
9. When pinging to switch in the speed of 1000 pkts/sec, with TTL =1,
There are 723 packets lost. (DI20091223000005)
10. The device sends out the RADIUS packets with incorrect
NAS-Identifier. It should be "D-Link". (DI20091217000006)
11. The device sends many same SNMP traps and syslog packets
regarding to RSTP Topology change when Topology Change
occurred on the LAG port across stacking units.
12. The device can not be accessed when the loopdetect function VLAN
base mode detects loop happening. (DT20100128000001)
13. The device freezes and is unavailable to be accessed via any of its
interfaces except its console interface when DGS-3600 is used as
L3 switch connected to access switches DES-3026, DES-3028 or
14. The device will automatically relay the DHCP discover packets via
system IP interface when the VLAN that the client resides does not
have IP interface and on which dhcp_relay is not enabled.
15. The device does not erase IGMP Snooping entries on LACP port.
16. The device will not be able to send warmstart SNMP trap if the
SNMP host resides in the different subnet than DGS-3600 does.
17. After entering "ping6" command and pressing down "Ctrl+C" or
"Esc" to exit quickly, the ping6 session will fail to close. If the user
does this for more than 5 times, it will display "Ping6 task is
busy !". (HQ20100106000005)
18. DHCP server would receive duplicate discover or request packets
when the DHCP packet traverses via 2 cascading switches both
with DHCP Relay enabled. (DI20091130000004)
19. The device responds with incorrect value to SNMP enquiries and
sends abnormal trap when attaching the redundant power supply
20. When using SNMP commands to create/delete policy route, the
CPU utilization will be up to 80%. And after 5 hours working (or
more), there will be no response and only rebooting it can solve the
21. It takes around 10 minutes to apply change for MSTP instance
priority after setting new priority to the stack slave unit.
22. DGS-3600 can not use ipv6 for web access management, but can
be telneted by IPv6 address.(DT20090520000001)
23. When customer tries to create ACL rule with access_id auto_assign
via SNMP, the rule can not be created.(DI20090708000024)
24. The device's throughput is low with 4 test PCs each with 1G
25. A client PC with MAC and IP in device's IMPB white list can not ping
to a device IP interface which is not bound with system MAC
26. The client joins the multicast group and the traffic can be received
by client properly. But after the port to the client links down/links
up and the client will not able to receive the traffic anymore.
27. When unplugging/plugging the uplink cable between the PIM-SM
BSR switch and multicast source switch (RP), the client directly 15 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
connected to the RP will stop receiving traffic for few seconds and
then be back to normal. (DEUR20100324000002)
28. After âenable clipagingâ and âshow config activeâ, the switch will
flush about 68 lines at one page. It should be 25 lines per page by
29. The SFP port in DGS-3612/3612G may sometimes go down and
never recover. (DI20100104000003)
30. The stack will be corrupted after running around one day in the test
environment with PIM/DM and IGMP_Snooping enabled.
31. The device will reboot if checking the LLDP information via WEB
interface and this issue only happens when connecting with Cisco
32. The receiving multicast RIP packet was trapped to CPU and did not
be forwarded to another RIP enabled switch or server in the same
33. L2 multicast traffic can not transit through another link to PIM DR
when the default link downs. (DI20080625000017)
34. ISM VLAN can not recognize IGMPv3 join packets 1. The switch can not be upgraded with a firmware file larger than 4MB.
2. It takes a long time to logout IX2000(router) when telneting
IX2000 from DGS-3650. (DI20091013000002)
3. When using RIP to learn dynamic routing entries, the subnet mask
becomes 32. The correct one should be 24. (DI20090910000012)
4. The user can not configure the VLAN forbidden ports in the ports
which is configured as untagged member ports via
5. When the master unit's power is cut off, the stacking member
switches do not respond to SNMP Get Request correctly. For
example, if the Unit1's power is cut off and Unit2 becomes the
master unit, the Unit1's port information still can be seen.
6. The DHCP clients sometimes fail to get the IP address from DHCP
server when using DHCP Relay function.(DI20090519000007)
1. Sometimes when STP topology changes, the ipfdb table is not
correctly updated and reflected.
2. Sometimes in Firefox v3.0.1 for SIM management, the position of
the UI is not aligned properly.
3. When accessing switch Web UI via Firefox 3.0.1, the browser can
not refresh by pressing F5.
4. Firefox 3 can not access switch Web UI correctly via SSL.
5. Openssh 5.1 software will sometimes cause the switch to go into
v2.40.B19 6. Sometimes when IMPB DHCP snooping is enabled and connected
to NetScreen 204 DHCP server, the switch fails to create DHCP
snooping binding entry and block the clientâs MAC address.
7. Sometimes DES-3500 series can not function properly with
DGS-3600 series under SIM management.
8. Sometimes when MSTP is enabled and MSTP instances are
configured, the computer will lose visibility to the switch.
9. Sometimes stacking member ports are not able to issue âclear
counter portsâ command.
10. After setting the bandwidth control on ports, the first 1 second still
has burst traffic. 16 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
11. Ipfdb will not update when running VRRP + STP and also the STP
topology has been changed at the same time
12. New members can not join the stack after backup master takes
over the job of stacking master
13. OSPF neighbor is unstable when enabling LACP in stacking mode
14. In some special environment, running OSPF causes high CPU
15. In some special network topology, OSPF will reboot every 10
16. F/W upgrade will fail if the file name contains more than one "dot",
for example "2.40B30.had"
17. PIM does not work when System ipif is disabled
18. DGS-3627G can not be added into group even if it shows up on SIM
19. When MSTP is enabled, switch does not reply ping request.
20. Web display error under Linux OS with Firefox v188.8.131.52.
21. RIPv2 does not work properly with double VLAN function.
22. The switch can not actually learn 1K multicast group when running
L3 PIM or IGMP application.
23. When stacking master or one of the member failed in LACP
environment, the clients on other devices can not access network.
24. Power_ notification_trap does not respond correctly
25. When using SNMPwalk to get the FDB information from the switch,
DGS-3600 can not respond correct information if there are over 1K
MAC under this interface.
1. All traffic will be mirrored when using ACL mirror function to mirror
a specific IP at port 1.
2. When executing âresetâ command on master switch under stacking
topology, the slave switch will get into exception mode
3. DGS-3600 does not check the subnet mask (only check network
address) when creating static routing table.
4. Even the TFTP Server IP Address does not set successfully via
SNMP, the switch will still response fine to SNMP agent.
5. The telnet session will be terminated when creating and session
coming from trusted hosts.
6. When both DGS-3600 and DSA-3100 are connected to each other
and DGS-3600 will enter âburn-in modeâ when both devices are
restarted at the same time.
v2.20.B38 7. DGS-3600 does not respond to trace route processes.
8. Under PIM-SM technology; for example, 3 switches are
inter-connected, when switch 1 is suddenly rebooted, it will cause
CPU high utilization on one of the switches.
9. OSPF AS external link does not correctly registered in the OSPF
LSDB table when using OSPF ECMP.
10. User level privilege right is able to issue the administrator
11. Re-instate the missing web page for IP address settings in
12. After the switch configuration was saved and rebooted, the ipif will
become disable state.
13. The routing table in Web UI can only show the 1st page.If the size
of the config file is more than 2M, the device will lose some config.
1. When login DGS-3612G via SSH, the cursor will move very slowly
if using the left/right arrow key.
2. System will show fail message when typing âshow config ?â
command. 17 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
3. DGS-3600 doesnât correctly sent the trap âwarmstartâ when
reboot and âcoldstartâ when power cycle.
4. Missing MIB file for compiling IGMP snooping âquery info tableâ
and âmulticast VLAN tableâ
5. Wrong ACL profile ID priority, the ID with smaller ID should be
6. DGS-3600 Web UI can not classified the IP address correctly when
the address including the number â255â, for example,
7. DGS-3600 can not redistribute local address via OSPF correctly
when the local network status changes.
8. When OSPF state is disabled, the âOSPF Router IDâ in âshow ospfâ
command incorrectly displayed as 0.0.0.0.
9. When monitoring MAC address via Web UI, user can not enter the
VLAN name more than 10 characters though we allow 32
characters when creating the VLANs.
10. DGS-3600 series will by-pass the trace route command when itâs
one of the hops in the path. It will makes the wrong result of trace
11. DGS-3600 doesnât send ARP request when it become the VRRP
12. The EIGRP packets can not pass through DGS-3600.
13. DGS-3600 can only check the first 128 static route entries
correctly, though the total static route entries is 256.
14. When creating a new ipif on DGS-3600, the OSPF will stop
15. DGS-3600 will forward the multicast traffic to ports incorrectly
which do not have multicast client joined.
16. DGS-3600 will hang-up after a random period when running in a
17. DGS-3600 doesnât correctly forward the OSPF packet if that
interface of OSPF is disabled.
18. CPU of DGS-3600 handles the ICMP packets incorrectly which
makes its utilization very high.
19. The default route of DGS-3600 will be lost after running a random
period of time.
* D-Link tracking number is enclosed in ()
Known Issues: Firmware Issues Workaround Version
1. When powering off/on a stacking member unit, the None
STP topology was changed and the stacking unit is
sometimes in loop condition for a while.
2. OSPFv3 state is not synchronous after removing
then inserting the slave unit. IPv6 packets may be
3. The device may crash when linking down OSPFv3
normal and virtual neighbours one by one
4. BGP may crash when linking down then up the
stacking cable after one dayâs running and also may 18 DGS-3600 Series Firmware Release Notes
crash when clearing dampening with 10000 routes
1. MTU setup does not support multicast.
2. In stacking mode with PIM-SM and IGMP enabled,
CPU utilization may be up to 100% when more than
512 groups are being forwarded.
3. If RSPAN mode is TX, the monitored packets will
take double tags with RSPAN source vlan when the
packets egress form tagged destination port.
4. Some protocol packets such as OSPF hello packets
can still be mirrored to the destination port when
there is no redirected port in the destination switch.
1. ISM VLAN can not recognize IGMPv3 join packets
1. Upgrade to
2. The switch can not record blocking entry in
IP-MAC-Port binding ACL mode
3. LLDP packets length can not be more than 1500
4. The switch can not learn LLDP message from STP
5. LLDP can not send out some triggered messages
such as:Management Address,dot3_TLV,dot1_TLV
1. If the size of the config file is more than 2M, the
1. Upgrade to
device will lose some config.
2. Chip Limitations:
ï¬ Flow control can support â5 ports to 1 portâ at best. 2. None ï¬ For egress mirroring, the target port will always
receive "tagged" packets.
ï¬ âCPU interface filteringâ can not filter source MAC
DGS-3600 Series User Manual v2.80
DGS-3600 Series CLI Manual v2.80 19